Protective Kitchen Onion Eye Safety Chopping Goggles Cooking Gadget
With the Super-Chef Onion Goggles, you’ll be able to Enjoy Tear Free Chopping, Mincing, Dicing, and Slicing! These clever specs are a practical and clever way to prevent tearing, stinging, irritated eyes when chopping, mincing, dicing or slicing onions and their pungent relatives – leeks, scallions and chives.
Tear free Onion Chopping. No more crying mincing, dicing and slicing.
Comfortable foam seal protects eyes from irritating onion vapours.
Anti-fog lenses offer maximum protection, clarity and eye protection.
Unisex design fits most face shapes- not to be worn over existing glasses.
Care Instructions: Wipe goggles with a clean dry cloth – use a water dampened cloth if needed.
Why do onions make us cry? When onions are cut an enzyme called sulfoxide lyase and sulfuric compounds are released from the broken cells. When exposed to air, they react with one another to form a vapour called thiopranal sulfoxide. As this vapour evaporates, it irritates our eyes and causes us to cry. Kitchen folklore remedies such as burning candles or matches, slicing onions under water and freezing the onions before cutting are comical at best. The two methods that are most effective in preventing onion cutting tears are wearing goggles or contact lenses.
- Tear free chopping, mincing, dicing and slicing
- Comfortable foam seal protects eyes from irritating onion vapors
- Anti-fog lenses offer maximum clarity and eye protection
- Perfect to use when chopping, mincing, dicing or slicing leeks, scallions and chives.
- Featured by Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray, The New York Times, Consumer Reports
- Unisex design fits most face shapes but won’t fit over eyeglasses